Thursday, July 10, 2014

Swim Mom's

Drew's club swim team has an adult league that a few of the parents participate in. 
These are parents who were swimmers in college. 
The rest of the participants are much older and were also collegiate swimmers years ago.
A few are swimming just for the workout.

Then there is us. 
Allison, Jami & I.

We are just swim moms.
Our resumes do not include anything aquatic. 
Although Jami was a lifeguard in high school. 

So here we are at 5 am attending our swim practices.
We find ourselves doing the EXACT drills that our 6-7 year old boys are doing. 



Lesson Learned:

1. If my child wants to take his goggles off between rounds, I will let him. It really is hard to see out if the water with those things. 
2. If he needs to take a longer breath on his side, I will let him. Breathing is HARD!!!!!!!
3. If he wants to play around on the kick board drills, I will let him. Who can resist the temptation???? 

No comments:

Post a Comment