Saturday, March 22, 2014

Spring Break 2014

Spring break was pretty laid back this year. 
I passed on the opportunity to head down to Port A so I could tackle a few "Pinterest" projects. 
Before I could start any of that I needed to find a way to keep the kids occupied. 

So we began with a trip to Waco to check out the Dr. Pepper Museum. 
Epic fail.
This is not a kid-friendly place. 
Nor did I find the history of Dr. Pepper the slightest bit intriguing. 
Luckily the kids managed to be good sports and never once complained. 
Although I complained to myself the full 30 minutes I was there. 


We finished off the trip with a Dr. Pepper float, which is not made from the original Dr. Pepper flavor, like I was told. 
Another disappointment. 


So after a few days of around the house I received a phone call from my mom
 asking to have the kids for a few days. 
I packed them up and sent them on their way. 


Let the Pinterest Games Begin!!!

I started by making this easy chaise lounge that only cost me $30. 


Don't mind the patio.... we tore out our deck and it's still under construction. 


Next on the agenda was a deck box.
I have a secret store that I frequently visit and it was there that I purchased 
these vintage baseboards in shades of green and turquoise. 
I was at my "secret store" the day that the picker was unloading these baseboards
and selling to the owner. That was a year ago.
After some sanding and dark stain I have my deck box. 

Cost: $20

I'm still looking for a piece to use for a lid.... To be continued. 


Finally, Ainsley's 5 layer ruffled bed skirt. 
I started this project over Christmas break. 
Little by little I cut, sewed, ruffled, sewed & sewed. 
Then my basic 6 year old sewing machine died on me. 

My sewing skills have improved quite a bit since I first started sewing anything so when I began looking for a new machine I felt confident going with one that had a variety of techniques. 
I soon learned that there are TOO MANY machines out there and my quest became quite exhausting.
In March I finally settled on the machine for me and so my final spring break project was completing Ainsley's fabulous ruffled bedskirt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment