Thursday, January 30, 2014

My newest hobby

Last summer I attempted to teach myself how to crochet. I grew up watching my mom
 do this but never had the itch to try it myself.
I watched a few you tube videos, practiced chaining rows upon rows 
and then put it aside. 

This past November I decided to put down all the books I'd been reading and 
perfect the art of crocheting.


I am now addicted to it. Over Thanksgiving I spent the drive to and from Georgetown
and Arkansas crocheting, crocheting and more crocheting. 
I made 4 scarfs, 3 bow-ties, boot cuffs and chunky head bands.

I always had my own afghan. Every couple of years my mom would make me a new one.
I will admit, back then I didn't want a crocheted blanket.
However I look back now and love that my mom took HOURS upon HOURS working her fingers around each piece of yarn, clearing her head, dedicating her time, and loving every minute of it. 

I made my first afghan for my own daughter and I loved every minute of it. 
The best part is, she loves her blanket. 

Stay tuned.
Drew wants a MINECRAFT afghan.
I'm half way done with it. 

1 comment: