Saturday, June 1, 2013

Georgetown Aquadillos

It was a last minute decision to put Drew in swim team this summer. I had looked into it months prior and I knew it would be a great experience for him.  My hesitation was strictly based on the requirements as a "swim parent".  Daily practices, 5:30 AM alarms on a Saturday morning and herding kids like cattle for 3.5 hours is what I signed up for. 


Weeks ago, after Drew & Jewell's date we headed over to Lane 4 to get sized for our swim uniforms. 


The first 3 weeks of practice was pretty intense with several "cuts". 
I held my breath every time they grouped kids into certain lanes because you knew which 
lane was the, "I'm not sure you're cut out for this" lane. 


We made it to the first meet in straight downpour!!! 
We were lucky to get in 1 of Drew's races before they called the whole meet. 


This past weekend we raced here in Georgetown and Drew was in his first relay medley. 




Swim team is pretty intense and I have enjoyed getting to meet new people 
and watch Drew improve DAILY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment