Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A New Adventure...

This summer, not only did I join a swim team, I picked up tennis.
If you don't play, I beg you not to.
It's addicting. 

I had been pleading with our club to start a "Tennis 101" class this summer.
I was told they it's offered during the fall and to wait tip then. 
Well I couldn't wait.
So I recruited a few ladies in the neighborhood, emailed the tennis pro, 
and *snap*, I have my "Tennis 101" class in the summer. 

Our tennis pro is Sam Jones, SU alumni and Dallas native.
He had no idea that this group of girls would be a different kind of "tennis girls".
We DO like to play and I'd say we are 3.0's already.
However, we do enjoy creating funny team names and making T-Shirts over 
actually PLAYING the game of tennis. 

Luckily Sam is a pretty cool guy.
When we text him and say "wear pink" he shows up in Pink. 
#mydrinkingteamhasatennisproblem


I did mention that we were addicted right?

So much so, that we got our husbands into tennis. 
I actually think they show up for their lessons more than the girls do.
We have all met up and created our own tennis tournaments. 
We draw names (we obviously can't play with our spouses) to see who our teammate will be. 
We play 6 sets and the winner moves on. 

These evening have been a BLAST and usually last 5 hours!


No comments:

Post a Comment