Sunday, October 28, 2012

San Francisco, CA

After Andy being gone for 12 days straight, I was eager to start my vacation ASAP!!! I had made arrangements to fly out to San Francisco a day before our Napa trip to not only get an extra day of relaxation, but to also get some time with Rozlyn (and Ron).

We had dinner the first night at Alioto's, which is one of the oldest restaurants on the Wharf. It's a traditional Sicilian-Seafood restaurant. The service wasn't that great but the food was delicious!


The next morning after breakfast we headed out to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 for some sight-seeing and shopping. The selection's of bath salt's was out of this world and with incredible prices!!!
I'm not a huge fan of salt-water taffy, but after this trip I'm a addict. 






The Sea Lion's at the Wharf were the cutest things! I was shocked to find out that the don't even stink and seem to sleep all day. 


Roz and I love to take pictures of any Tri Delta related.... (dolphins)

After lunch at Ghirardelli Square we stood in line for 50 minutes to catch a ride on the cable cars. It was most definitely worth the long wait!

still in line waiting.....






After the cable car we got off and walked to Chinatown to grab something to eat..... well nothing seemed to scream "come inside and eat here" so we walked straight through. It must have been fresh produce day because all the markets were jam packed with people fishing through all the crates of fresh fruits and vegetables. I was amazed to see how inexpensive it was! You could get 1 huge avocado for .50, whereas here you would easily pay 1.50 and grapes were .49 cents a pound!!!!!

As we managed to get through Chinatown we stumbled across Little Italy and made a dash for the first restaurant. Luckily it was highly rated on my Tripadvisor App. I've never had REAL, TRADITIONAL Italian food so I was quite nervous. However, it turned out to be pretty good. 
It was a "Bellini's all around" kind of dinner!

We wrapped up the night with a tour of the Golden Gate Bridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment